GSM Callback Function for GSM Gateway
The GSM-Callback function is a feature of
the NovaTec-Gateways to realize cost-saving connections from mobile phones to any
destination number in fixed or mobile networks.
The functionality :
- A mobile phone user wants to set up a connection from
his mobile phone to any destination number (Fixed network, mobile network,
national or international).
- Instead of dialling directly the destination number, the user calls the number of
the SIM-Card in the NMG.
- The NMG checks the calling user for authorisation
etc., without setting up a connection.
- The NMG immediately calls back the user, so that depending of available
SIM-Card for this part of the connection only a network
internal tariff (GSM - GSM) is charged.
- The caller takes the call from the NMG and dials
afterwards the requested destination number.
- The NMG sets up a connection to the destination number via the
integrated Least Cost Router.
By using the callback function two connections are charged:
- NMG → calling user (network
internal connection GSM -- GSM)
- NMG → destination number (via Least Cost Router)
These connections together usually represents a cheaper alternative than the
direct dialling of the destination number on the mobile phone,
especially for calls to fixed network or international
The GSM-Callback feature can be realised with any NovaTec